How to Improve the Immune System
1. Get enough sleep– Do you find yourself not getting enough sleep? Well, sleep deprivation can be harmful to your immune system. When you are sleep deprived, your T cells go down, and cytokines go up which puts more stress on your immune system and can increase the risk of getting a cold or flu. The average amount of sleep does vary, but adults are recommended to get 7-9 hours of sleep. Getting the proper amount of sleep will help improve the immune system.
2. Eat Healthy– Eating healthy is also vital for your body, and it does have an impact on your immune system. The immune system needs nutrients just like the rest of your body to maintain strength. Eating a steady diet of fruits and vegetables will ultimately do the trick. Here is a short list of foods that can help improve the immune system; mushrooms, citrus, red bell peppers, broccoli, garlic, ginger, spinach, yogurt, almonds, turmeric and green tea.
3. Exercise– Exercise is another thing that will ultimately be beneficial to your whole body as well as your immune system. Exercising can provide a boost to your immune system by flushing out bacteria and harmful toxins from your lungs and airways. When you exercise, it increases macrophage activity that helps the immune system fight off infection more efficiently. The recommended amount of exercise varies per person, so try and find a good workout routine that works for you. However, ensure not to stress yourself in the process because over training may weaken the immune system.
4. Avoid tobacco & alcohol– Smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol hurts your body and immune system and can lead to all sorts of diseases. Smoking tobacco can cause lung cancer and other respiratory conditions like asthma, bronchitis and even pneumonia. Drinking alcohol excessively can destroy antibody cells that are necessary for fighting off unhealthy cells infected by viruses. So if you are looking at how to improve the immune system, smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol excessively are habits you should stop.
5. Take a supplement– The four previous steps listed are not always easy to attain on a consistent basis. Sometimes obstacles in life may get in the way of your health, such as having a busy job, or having to take care of kids. That is when you may find it necessary to take an immune boosting supplement. There are many supplements out there that promote healthy immune response, but not all of them can be trusted. When looking for supplements, you want to use the best product available. Atlas World USA has the best immune products you can get. We use certified organic Agaricus blazei mushroom to create our product, Agaricus Bio. Agaricus blazei mushrooms have more powerful immune-strengthening qualities than other mushrooms. If you are looking at how to improve the immune system fast, then try Agaricus Bio and see if it is the right fit for you.